The global waterproofing sealants and adhesives market is expected to be worth $24.75 billion by 2020 with a CAGR of 5.95%, cites PRNewswire.
Driven by technological advancements and improving economies within developing countries, this market’s growth is also due in large part to the building and construction industry.
The building and construction industry accounts for the largest share of the waterproofing sealants and adhesives market. For residential building and construction applications, waterproofing sealants and adhesives are widely used for:
- Construction (cold) joints
- Basement wall expansion joints
- Weatherseal applications
- Perimeter windows and doors
- Roofing applications
Additionally, waterproofing sealants and adhesives offer the industry strong adhesion and better performance than traditional metal counterparts.
Bostik offers several quality waterproofing products for several residential building and construction applications.
Waterproofing products for construction joint (cold joint) and basement wall expansion joint applications:
- Bostik 915, Bostik 915FS, Pro-MS 50 and Pro-MS 50 T: These high performance elastomeric joint sealants have tenacious bonding capability to most common building substrates. They also exhibit painting properties with high quality acrylic paints.
Waterproofing products for weatherseal applications:
- Pro-MS 50 and Pro-MS 50 T: These one-component sealants exhibit superior adhesion to many synthetic substrates (polyethylene, PVC, etc.). They also possess compatibility with asphalt-based wraps used in through-wall penetrations. Additionally, these products work well with contractors’ building wraps that help protect the building from moisture and UV rays.
Waterproofing products for perimeter window and door applications:
- Pro-MS 50 and Pro-MS 50 T: These products offer great adhesion, long-term weathering and acceptance of high quality paints. This prevents infiltration of the elements and aids in the structure’s overall integrity and sustainability.
Waterproofing products for roofing applications:
- 915, 915FS, 916 and Pro-MS 50: These products seal a range of roofing applications, including counter flashing, gutters and roof tile attachments. Ideal for sealing roof details, they work well on asphalt, fiberglass shingles, clay and concrete roof tiles, slate, cedar shake and metal roofing systems. Additionally, Bostik 915 is the only product on the market with that is a Miami-Dade County Product Control Approved roof tile attachment.
For more information on Bostik’s waterproofing products and the importance of waterproofing, call 800-7-BOSTIK. You can also visit www.bostik-sealants.com.