According to Technavio, the global mattress market is set to reach $36.8 billion by 2021. From innerspring to gel-filled, mattresses are innovating to keep up with production demands and consumer preferences. Take a look at leading market trends and how mattress adhesives address them.
Trend #1: Customization
An overarching trend in many markets is consumer demand for customization. The mattress market is no exception. Many leading manufacturers offer mattresses that can be customized to fit specific body types and sleep positions. Equipped with sensors, these smart mattresses can adjust air pressure, firmness levels and move automatically while people sleep.
Trend #2: Eco-Friendliness
Eco-friendly mattresses are another growing trend in the market. As consumer environmental consciousness grows, many people are focusing more on how their mattresses are produced and the materials used in their manufacturing. For a mattress to be deemed eco-friendly, it is made out of:
- Non-toxic materials
- All organic materials, such as organic cotton and wool
How Mattress Adhesives Address These Trends
From latex to foam mattresses, adhesives play an important role in their manufacturing. Additionally, they are able to address leading trends in the following ways:
- Adhesives enable design flexibility and can bond various dissimilar substrates together. This aids in manufacturing mattresses out of new, innovative materials.
- They are environmentally safe and reduce production waste and energy costs.
Bostik manufactures smart mattress adhesives designed to keep up with increasing production demands, performance needs and sustainability efforts. For more information on mattress adhesives, check out the following blog posts:
- Know the Pros and Cons to Mattress Adhesive Technologies
- Understand Mattress Assembly Hot Melt Adhesive Application Methods
- How Adhesives Keep Up with Mattress Manufacturing Changes