We understand that it can be difficult to produce more packages at a faster rate while adhering to cost constraints and sustainability requirements. It can be even more difficult when production downtime occurs or material issues arise. Fortunately, a packaging line assessment can help alleviate worries and avoid potential problems. Find out what an assessment entails to consider if one right for you.
What a Line Assessment Entails
During a line assessment, a Bostik expert will visit your plant and work with you to understand your current and desired state production line needs. In particular, the expert will assess existing processes, including your:
- Equipment settings (temperature, line speed, etc.)
- Adhesive coat weight
- Fiber tear rate
Once the expert has a clear idea of your current processes, our team will identify recommended optimizations for your production line. These can include:
- Adjusting the equipment settings
- Recommending a different adhesive
- Advising on proper maintenance and operational procedures
Additionally, our team will start benchmarking your data, so you can see how your production line improves overtime as adjustments are made.
Why a Line Assessment is Valuable
In addition to identifying problems and offering solutions, a packaging line assessment:
- Alleviates your worry: You can focus solely on keeping your plant running smoothly and efficiently. Our Bostik expert will be able to address and resolve problems for you.
- Shows your plant’s value to your company: As many plants must address cost savings initiatives, a line assessment helps show specifically what is being done to meet those needs. For example, it can yield:
- Reduced adhesive consumption
- Reduced adhesive SKUs
- Improved equipment efficiency
- Benchmarks current and future data: Line assessment also serve as a great tool to see progress over time as optimizations are made.
Considering a line audit? Request one today, and start alleviating your worries tomorrow!