As manufacturers across markets look to increase production speeds, enhance sustainability and improve performance, it can be difficult to do so all at once. Fortunately, methyl methacrylate (MMA) structural adhesives can help them easily accomplish all of these goals.
How MMA Structural Adhesives Increase Production Speeds
MMA solutions increase production speeds in the following ways:
- Long open time relative to handling time:
- Manufacturers are able to move the part shortly after bonding it together, decreasing production wait time.
- Little to no surface preparation needed:
- Processes are further streamlined by reducing application work.
- Ability to bond to a variety of substrates, including composites,
metals and plastics:
- One type of adhesive can be applied across bonding applications.
How MMA Structural Adhesives Enhance Sustainability
Further, these structural adhesives aid in sustainable manufacturing processes. For example, they:
- Decrease energy usage by curing at room temperature
- Improve fuel efficiency in relevant applications due to being a lightweight bonding solution
- Reduce material use by offering top-tier elongation and elasticity
How MMA Structural Adhesives Improve Performance
Products assembled with MMA offer increased durability and protection levels, making them ideal for stringent environments. In particular, they possess:
- High strength
- Good flexibility
- Excellent environmental resistance
- Permanent toughness