As cited in Grandview Research, the global construction equipment market is projected to reach $208.36 billion by 2020. Its steady growth is due in large part to:
- Rapid infrastructural growth and increasing urbanization
- Rising application of advanced technology in material handling, excavating and earth moving
- Renewed economic activity
Learn about this market’s dynamics and why adhesives are important in its manufacturing.
Construction Equipment Manufacturing
According to the International Trade Administration, the global equipment manufacturing market has long been dominated by North America, Western Europe, Japan and South Korea.
Manufacturers in these regions have been successful in part due to their ability to make equipment that possess the following qualities:
- Productivity: able to move large quantities of material quickly and efficiently
- Reliability: able to operate with minimal downtime
They also ensure their equipment utilizes the most advanced technology to ensure it operates as efficiently as possible.
Yet in addition to manufacturing equipment that enhances productivity and reliability, they face pressures to reduce costs without compromising on durability.
Adhesives’ Role in Construction Equipment Manufacturing
Adhesives play an important role in enabling manufacturers to do just that. For example, adhesives are used in the following equipment applications:
- Window, headlights and windscreens
- Roofs, floors, seating and door panels
- Insulation, trim and molding
These adhesives help improve construction equipment overall. In addition to reducing noise and vibrations, they also:
- Offer consistent, uniform coverage
- Prevent moisture leakage and corrosion
- Do not add stress or weight to equipment
Bostik formulates a range of smart adhesives that aid in quality construction equipment manufacturing. Saving manufacturers time and money, these products:
- Are solvent, isocyanate and PVC free
- Offer low residual tack
- Provide primerless adhesion
- Offer durable performance
Furthermore, we have the capability to add flame retardancy to certain products, improving operator safety in the event of an emergency.
For information on our specific products for construction equipment manufacturing, call 800-7-BOSTIK.